These terms & conditions (the “Terms”) apply to all participants in the Win a pair of return tickets competition (the “Competition”).
The organiser of the competition is Ichiba, part of Japan Centre Group registered address at Unit B Premier Park Premier Park Road London NW10 7NZ.
By entering the competition you confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) and that you consent to the processing of any personal details you submit by Japan Centre Group.
The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over as of 3 June 2019.
Entry to the competition is free of charge.
The directors, management and employees of any entity within the Japan Centre Group including Ichiba, and any third party involved in the organisation of this competition, as well as their immediate families, are not entitled to participate in the competition.
Entry to the competition is by signing up to receive news and updates from Ichiba through email. Entrants can unsubscribe at any time.
Ichiba, at its sole discretion may disqualify any entrant to the competition where it suspects that the entrant has breached any of these Terms.
Entries will be accepted from 12:00PM in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) on 3 June 2019 (the “Commencement Date”) to 23:59PM UTC on 28 July 2019 (the “Closing Date”). Those who have registered for email updates before the Commencement Date are valid. Those who sign up after the Closing Date will not be valid and will not be accepted.
Ichiba shall not be responsible for any entry submission failures caused by technical errors.
The winners will be determined by the Ichiba, head office through random draw of all newsletter subscribers, which shall take place between 29 July - 4 August 2019 in London.
The winner will be notified via email and on the Japan Centre website no later than 4 August 2019.
The winner will be contacted for confirmation that they accept their prize and for any supporting information or actions that may be required, such as the provision of booking preference details and passport details. Failure to provide such information to Japan Centre’s satisfaction before 31 August 2019 may result in the prize being forfeited and Japan Centre choosing to re-run the selection process to choose an alternative winner.
Failure to comply with the requirements set out in these Terms may result in a winner being disqualified and an alternative winner being chosen in their place. In addition, Ichiba reserves the right at its sole discretion to refuse to award any prize to any winner who has or, is deemed likely to have, violated any term or rule outlined in these Terms, gained unfair advantage or won the competition using fraudulent or unfair means.
1. The first prize includes one pair of return tickets (taxes included) from London Heathrow to Tokyo Haneda on Japan Airlines (JAL) operated flights. The winner and his/her companion shall travel together on both journeys.
2. Flights dates and passenger names cannot be changed once the tickets are booked. Flights are subject to availability at the time of booking. The air tickets are valid until the end of March 2020 (excluding the embargo period between 10 September and 02 November 2019).
3. Winners must express their acceptance of the prize within a week of receiving confirmation from Japan Centre that they are the winner. Upon accepting the prize, Japan Centre will get in contact within two weeks to arrange provision of the prize. All travel must be completed by 31 March 2020.
4. Air tickets are subject to availability. Booking must be made at least 8 weeks before the preferred date of travel. Tickets can only be issued three months before the commencement of the last segment (return flight).
5. Receipt of the prize is conditional upon the winner having a valid passport and visa (if appropriate) permitting travel to the relevant destination, with at least six (6) months’ validity.
6. The prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be substituted for any other prize or cash value. No extension of dates, or change of destination is allowed from those specified in the terms and conditions.
7. The tickets are not eligible for mileage accrual on JAL frequent flyer mileage programme (JMB) or any other frequent flyer programmes.
8. In the event that the winner, for any reason, does not accept the prize or any element thereof, then the prize (or the relevant element) will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that forfeited prize (or the relevant element).
9. Japan Centre / JAL accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting any prize and advises entrants that independent financial advice to be sought in the event of winning. Any extra activities and costs beyond the specified prize will be the responsibility of the winner, including obtaining travel insurance to cover health care, lost baggage and other related travel costs, transfers and hotel accommodation.
10. The winner must be over the age of 18 with a valid passport to travel (valid for at least 6 months beyond the return date from the trip). Winner and the accompanying person must obtain all visas, permissions and other documentation required. Japan Centre / JAL are not liable for the costs of obtaining the correct entry documents.
11. By accepting a prize, the winner accepts full and complete responsibility for their own safety and welfare at all times and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, agrees that Japan Centre shall not be liable or responsible for any risks or damages associated with or arising out of the winner’s acceptance of the prize.
If you would like to receive a copy of these Terms & Conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org<
All selections and decisions made by Ichiba in conjunction with this competition are final and binding and no discussions will be entered into or correspondences entertained in this regard.
Ichiba shall be entitled to terminate or modify the competition or these Terms at any time prior to the Closing Date by publishing any such modification or termination on the relevant Ichiba website or otherwise communicating it in writing to entrants.
If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Ichiba and which prevents Ichiba from complying with or fulfilling any element of these Terms (“Force Majeure Event”), Ichiba will not be liable or responsible in any in respect of such Force Majeure Event.
Except in respect of liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, for its fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by law, Ichiba will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or claims arising out of or relating to the competition or the use of any prize, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
These Terms and the competition are governed by the laws of England & Wales and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.